The school uniform consists of:
- Grey suit jacket with embroidered school logo (separate fit for male and female)
- Years 7 to 9 – Green and black/gold striped ‘clip on’ tie
- Years 10 to 11 – Black and green/gold striped tie
- White shirt
- Optional grey jumper with the embroidered school logo
- Black traditional school trousers or skirt. Trousers should not be skin tight but should be straight leg with no embellishments, not stretch material but traditional suit material
- The skirt should be straight, knee length, and must be purchased from the suppliers. No other skirts will be allowed
- Shoes should be black, polishable and formal, leather or similar. No trainer style shoes or plimsolls. If boots are worn in winter, trousers must be worn over boots.
- School bag to carry all equipment needed for the day
- A suitable outdoor coat can be worn over the suit jacked to and from the school, but must be removed inside school buildings
No cardigans, hoodies or jumpers (without the school logo) should be worn at any time, even as an alternative to a coat
A ‘How to size your child’ guide is available on the official supplier’s website. www.swi.co.uk. If you do not have internet access please contact the school office for support.
PE Kit 2018-19 (we have changed our PE kit from September 2018)
- Aptus Short Sleeve Training Top (unisex)
- Aptus Training Short or Aptus Training Short (female)
- Aptus 1/4 Zip Training Top (long sleeve)
- Aptus Training Pant
- Aptus Leggings (female)
- Sports Socks (black)
The PE uniform will be compulsory for Year 7 students and optional over the academic year 2018-19 for Year 8 and 9 students. After that year students will be expected to purchase those items only.
Please place orders direct with SWI Ltd either online, by post or by telephone
Woodham Sports Academy Students
Once students are formally accepted into the Sports Academy for the 2018-19 year there will be two windows within the Autumn term for students to return new items of kit to get printed. The only items that will have SPORTS ACADEMY printed on them in white, will be across the back of the short sleeve top and down the right hand side of the leggings. Price per item of clothing is £2.50.
We are always conscious of health and safety risks both to the owner and others in the wearing of jewellery. Therefore the only jewellery allowed is:
- One small set of gold or silver ear studs (nose, eyebrow or tongue studs are not allowed)
- Wrist watch
Piercings to the face or body, are not allowed.
Makeup Makeup is not allowed in Years 7, 8 and 9 and students will be asked to remove it. In Years 10 and 11 any make-up worn should be subtle. No eye shadow, eye liner, false eyelashes, blusher or lipstick is allowed. No nail varnish, nail decorations or false nails are allowed at any time.
Hair styles should be practical, clean and suitable for a working environment. In this school, hairstyles representing various cults (e.g. punk or mohican), or hair shaved in bands, stripes, initials or dyed in unnatural colours are unacceptable. Eyebrows shaved in stripes are also unacceptable. If in any doubt please check with the school first.
Large fashion hair accessories are not permitted, including flowers and hair bands that are purely there for fashion.
Large fashion belts or belts of a different colour to the trousers or skirt are not permitted.
Baseball caps and fashion scarves are not to be worn in or around the school.
Fashion bracelets must not be worn at any time.
All items of jewellery should be removed for P.E. and on request in certain other practical lessons in the interests of safety.