The school uniform consists of:
- Grey suit jacket with embroidered school logo (separate fit for male and female) to be worn at all times.
- Tie: Year 7 black with a blue stripe, Year 8 black with an orange stripe, Year 9 black with a green stripe, Year 10 black with a yellow stripe, Year 11 black with a pink stripe (September 2023-July 2024).
- White shirt.
- Optional grey jumper with the embroidered school logo.
- Black formal school trousers or skirt. Formal means without visible zips or fashion accessories.
- The skirt should be the school pleated skirt, and must be purchased from the suppliers. No other skirts will be allowed.
- Black leather formal or similar polishable shoes (not trainer-style shoes, boots or plimsolls).
- Boots may be worn in adverse weather conditions with trousers only (trousers must be worn outside of the boots).
- Plain black belt, no more than 3cm wide, with a plain buckle, if required.
- In cold weather students can wear a plain white t-shirt, underneath their school shirt for extra warmth, however this should not be visible. Or a grey jumper with the Woodham Academy logo purchased from the school suppliers.
- School bag to carry all equipment needed for the day. Fashion handbags are not acceptable at any time.
- A dark coloured outdoor coat can be worn over the suit jacket to and from the school, but must be removed inside school buildings.
No non-Woodham Academy jumpers, cardigans or hoodies (without the school logo) should be worn at any time, even as an alternative to a coat.
- Aptus Short Sleeve Training Top (unisex)
- Aptus Training Short or Aptus Training Short (female)
- Indoor and Outdoor footwear
- Aptus 1/4 Zip Training Top (long sleeve)
- Aptus Training Pant
- Aptus Leggings (female)
- Sports Socks (black)
The PE uniform will be compulsory for Year 7, 8 and 9 students and optional for Year 10 and 11 students.
Students are still expected to bring their PE kit alongside a note to excuse them as they will remain in the lesson and be given an alternative participation role that reflects their personal situation/injury. It is expected that students will get changed into PE kit except in exceptional circumstances, where they are hindered from getting changed due to pain or obstruction from e.g. a sling or cast.
Woodham Sports Academy Students
Once students are formally accepted into the Sports Academy there will be two windows within the Autumn term for students to return new items of kit to get printed. Only the short sleeve top can have SPORTS ACADEMY printed in white across the back of it. Price per item of clothing is £2.50.
We are always conscious of health and safety risks both to the owner and others in the wearing of jewellery. Therefore the only jewellery allowed is:
- One small set of gold or silver ear studs (nose, eyebrow or tongue studs are not allowed)
Piercings to the face or body, are not allowed.
Makeup is not allowed in Years 7, 8 and 9 and students will be asked to remove it. In Years 10 and 11 any make-up worn should be subtle. No eye shadow, eye liner, false eyelashes, blusher or lipstick is allowed. No nail varnish, nail decorations or false nails are allowed at any time.
Hair styles should be practical, clean and suitable for a working environment. In this school, hairstyles representing various cults (e.g. punk or mohican), or hair shaved in bands, stripes, initials or dyed in unnatural colours are unacceptable. Eyebrows shaved in stripes are also unacceptable. If in any doubt please check with the school first.
Large fashion hair accessories are not permitted, including flowers and hair bands that are purely there for fashion.
Large fashion belts or belts of a different colour to the trousers or skirt are not permitted.
Baseball caps and fashion scarves are not to be worn in or around the school.
Fashion bracelets must not be worn at any time.
All items of jewellery should be removed for P.E. and on request in certain other practical lessons in the interests of safety.